The Federal Aviation Administration today launched a review of the Boeing 787’s electrical system.
We start our coverage with a running synopsis of the press conference at 9:30am ET. Presenting are
Michael Huerta, director of the FAA (MH);
Ray LaHood, US Transportation Secretary (RLH); and
Ray Conner, President and CEO of Boeing Commercial Airplanes (RC).
- #1 priority is protecting the safety of the traveling public.
- We go the extra mile when it comes to safety.
- Today we are conducting a comprehensive review of the design and production of the 787, covering critical systems of the aircraft, including design, production and assembly.
- Will look for the root causes of the recent issues be sure it doesn’t happen again.
- FAA spent 200,000 hrs in advance of certifying aircraft.