From Scott Fancher, head of the 787 program:
* We’ve developed a set of technologies that will be the backbone of development for the next 30 years.
* This is as big a leap forward as the 707 was.
* 787-9 design is very stable over last couple of years. The weight is down. We will start producing tools next year. We will start producing components next year. (Not structural components.)
* Charleston has been designed to be funbdamentally identical to Everett.
* When we have the data, we will put Charleston and Everett under one quality control system.
* Despite huge costs, we like the investment we made in the 787.