Odds and Ends begins below the photo.
We’re not big on photos but every once in a while we find one that we’ve very impressed with–like this (via Airliners.net) at LAX:
Odds and Ends:
1. Boeing will compete the production site for the new 737-class airplane, Mike Bair of Boeing told us last week for an article for Aircraft Technology magazine. The news brief is here.
2. In an article we did for Aircraft Technology, we have this excerpt of the full report which is coming in the next issue. Mike Bair, who heads Boeing’s program for a new airplane in the 737 class, talks about the CFM, PW and RR engines. The full article will discuss the new airplane program.
3. Bombardier is sounding very optimistic on forthcoming CSeries orders. See this article.
4. Watch for A320neo family orders soon from a major leasing company.
And on the tanker:
5. As readers know, we love ironies. How ironic that EADS complained of the “low-ball” bid by Boeing after decades of Boeing complaining of low-ball sales prices by Airbus.
6. Flight International has this article discussing the price process.
8. We deleted all the KC-X links on the right hand side of this blog. We’re glad to be done.
EADS believes Boeing won’t make a profit on the tanker and won’t be able to deliver 18 by 2017. What do you think?