Feb. 12, 2015: Simon Pickup, Strategic Marketing Director, Airbus, took issue (no surprise there) with Boeing’s Randy Tinseth, VP Marketing, at the Pacific Northwest Aerospace Alliance conference today in Lynnwood (WA), and Tinseth’s barb that Airbus had a record year of 340 cancellations.
One hundred fifty of the A320ceo cancellations were swaps to A320neo orders, so the numbers weren’t as bad as numbers appeared, Pickup says.Quotations are paraphrased.
- We will have a very smooth transition from A320ceo to A320neo, with strong sales in ceo. Backlog of airplanes now reaching nine years.
- Airbus and Boeing closely agree on future demand.
- North American airlines will account for about half of $25bn profits projected by IATA this year.
- Airbus continues to project a 20 year requirement for 1,501 Very Large Aircraft (Boeing is less than half), including freighters.
- A321neo has 73% market share vs 737-9.
- A320neo on track for first delivery to Qatar before the end of the year.
- Continues to claim A330neo beats 787 on trip and seat cost.
- A350 vs 787: Would you like to have a slightly wider seat or a slightly larger window?