April 4, 2017, © Leeham Co.: Bombardier doesn’t think a new, clean-sheet turboprop aircraft is needed any time soon, a position that stands in contrast with rival ATR.
Ross Mitchell, VP Commercial for BBD, believes the Q400 covers the turboprop segment from 70 to 90 seats and its operational flexibility covers everything airlines need today.
However, ATR has 85% of the backlog with BBD capturing the other 15%.
Still, Mitchell gives a strong defense of the Q400.
Don’t believe everything ATR claims about operating cost advantages, BBD says.
BBD can move cockpit and wing production from Canada to lower costs—but where is the question.
Re-engining the Q400 isn’t in the cards, at least any time soon.
To read the rest of the article Login or Subscribe today.
Category: Airlines, ATR, Bombardier, GE Aviation, Pratt & Whitney, Premium
Tags: ATR, ATR-72-600, Bombardier, China, Q400, Ross Mitchell
Click to subscribe to this blog and receive notifications of new posts by email.
Join 9,773 other subscribers
Sign me up!
Copyright © 2020 · All Rights Reserved · Leeham News and Analysis
RSS Feed ·