Jan. 4, 2017, © Leeham Co.: The top 25 Airbus customers that are identified account for 63% for the current backlog, an analysis of the company’s order list shows.
For Boeing, its Top 25 customers account for 69% of its identified backlog.
Both companies have hundreds of Unidentified orders for which no customer is disclosed.
- “China Inc.” is Boeing’s #1 identified customer and #3 for Airbus.
- Two low cost carriers are the first and second top customer for Airbus.
- Three low cost carriers follow “China Inc.” as Boeing’s Top Customers.
- Boeing’s Top 3 wide-body customers are in the Middle East, where financial and traffic results are beginning to soften.
- Three of Airbus’ Top 5 customers are also from the Middle East. The other two are from Asia.
- Boeing has 54% of the market share among the Top wide-body customers. Airbus has a 54% market share in the narrow-body sector.
To read the rest of the article Login or Subscribe today.